PUBLISHER OF HOLLYWOOD RAISES POLITICAL CONSCIOUSNESS OFFERS BIG DISCOUNT!
Peter Lang Publishing of Britain, Germany, and the United States, has just announced that the publication Hollywood Raises Political Consciousness: Political Messages in Feature Films, edited by Dr. Michael Haas, is now available at a 25% discount to members of the Political Film Society. To receive the discount, contact Peter Lang Publishing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-770-LANG. Mention that you are a member of the Political Film Society when you write or call to receive the discount, which is only valid through 9/18/14. To read about Hollywood Raises Political Consciousness: Political Messages in Feature Films, more information is available at the following link: http://www.peterlang.com/?312661. In other words, you can purchase the book for $30 instead of $40!
All those receiving emails of this newsletter are members. If you read this announcement on the website, you may join the Political Film Society on the website for a life membership of $5.00 and then request a discounted copy.
The extraordinary thesis of the various chapters is that liberal Hollywood makes conservative films. A careful reading of Chapter 6 will reveal that current Hollywood disaster films are consistent with the message of the Tea Party, namely, that government is bumbling, bureaucratic, corrupt, and incapable, ERGO the need for heroes.. MH
Table of Contents:
Introduction (Michael Haas)
1. Films Contain Political Messages (Michael Haas)
2. Art and Politics: The Political Film as a Pedagogical Tool (Michael A. Genovese)
3. Search for the Political Film (Ernest D. Giglio)
4. The Real Oliver North Loses: The Reel Bob Roberts Wins (John W. Williams)
5. Escape from the Bowling Alley: Traditional Associations as the Antagonist in Popular Film (Hans Noel)
6. The Politics of Disaster Films (Elizabeth Haas)
7. Liberalism and the Blending of a Kaleidoscopic Culture (Andrew L. Aoki)
8. Films about Thailand & Vietnam (Michael Haas)
Using Political Films in the Classroom (Michael A. Genovese)
Bibliography & Index